Friday, September 16, 2011

What information should I have for my parents to agree with my decision on college?

My family wants me to make some sort of a presentation, maybe a PowerPoint, just about the college I want to attend, like cost and living and other information. What other information should I have? How should I organize the presentation? I already have some information but I'm not really sure how to make it look.|||You have to think about what information your parents are truly interested in learning. I'd guess they are interested mostly in cost and your personal interest in the school.





Probably you should have a presentation that lays out the cost for one year and for all four years, including housing and tuition and food costs. Outline how you plan to defray the costs with scholarships or part-time work or whatever. Stress how much the college means to you, what majors they offer you are interested in, the sports or academic ratings and location, whatever is important to you. I'd also put how far away the school is, cost of travel, plans for summer and winter breaks, that sort of thing. It would be helpful if you could find someone who went to that school previously and put their testimony on the presentation.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment