Friday, September 16, 2011

What information is a school allowed to give out?

Can a college give information like your attendance records, gpa, schedule, or whether or not you're dorming to someone with no permission? My school has given out so much information to people who had no right to know and I want to know if they're even allowed to do that. Is there a website that has my privacy rights as a student?





I'm 20 if it makes a difference. It's not like I'm 17 and a minor or something like that.|||The information that you described is not considered "private" and is not covered by the Privacy Act of 1974 or by HIPAA. The college would be free to disclose this to anyone who requested it (unless you have signed some type of non-disclosure agreement with them).

No comments:

Post a Comment