Friday, September 16, 2011

What information do I need to get approved for a home loan?

My husband is in the Air National Guard full-time and I'm a full-time student. What kind of information do we need to bring with us to the bank? I know I need some sort of information for my school about when I'll be done so they know when my loans will be out of deferment. Who do I contact about that and what should I ask for?|||1. Driver Licenses, SSNs.





2. Pay stubs





3. Bank statements showing balances in your acct





4. A list of your household expenses, as in how much for housing, food, education, car payment, student loan payment, etc





5. Proof of funds for a down payment





6. Patience, and patience|||You will actually need to speak with a loan originator who will gather basic information at first and input it into the system to see if you even qualify for a loan. Once that information is given (driver's licenses, military id's, employment information, personal and business references,rental information,school information,student loans) they will then pre-qualify you for a loan of up to a certain amount. If you get pre-approved, you will then know how much you are approved for before looking at properties. That s just the first step.





Next interview 3-5 agents or Realtors and see who will work the best for you. Some agents are only in it for the money while others actually work to get you the property you want and will take care of you through the whole process.





After you find an agent,make sure he/she understands your needs and wants. Tell them what price range you want to look at (below loan qualification is best) and that you do not want to be shown higher priced homes. If the agent wants to show you homes out of your range, then question whether you really want to work with an agent who doesn't listen to you. You'd be surprised how some agents work.

No comments:

Post a Comment